Can you take on a distance challenge to raise money for ASN?
Every year ASN helps hundreds of people travel to access abortions, mainly from the Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland, Malta, Gibraltar and Poland. These are journeys people have to make because of criminalisation of abortion and poor service provision where they live, often facing distances of hundreds of miles by land, air and sea to access care.
This October, teams of people will be going the distance by taking on this fundraising challenge to raise money for ASN. Each challenge is based on a distance someone we help may have to travel to access an abortion. There is still time to sign up for your very own distance challenge by using the link below!
Sign up here!
Walk 5km a day for a week
Team size: 4
Fundraising goal: £100
Walk 35km in a week and your team will cover the distance from Kilkenny to Dublin.
- Based on a team of 4 walking 5km a day for a week
- You can jog or run instead of walk, or a combination
- Take on the challenge for a fortnight to cover the return journey home
- A team of 6 would cover the distance from Dublin to Liverpool
- A team of 8 would cover the distance from Belfast to Manchester
Team size: 4
Fundraising goal: £400
Cycle 50km a week for a month and your team will cover the distance from Poznan to Amsterdam, or Lublin to Berlin.
- Based on a team of 4 each cycling 50km a week during October
- The distance between Poznan and Amsterdam is 800km – a journey some of our clients have to make to access abortion care
- A team of 2 would cover the distance from Gdansk to Berlin (480km), or Lodz to Berlin (465km)
- A team of 6 would cover the distance from Krakow to Berlin and back (1,200km)
Team size: 4
Fundraising goal: £200
Run 60km in October and your team will cover the distance from Poznan to Berlin.
- Based on a team of 4, each running 5km, 3 times a week
- The distance between Poznan and Berlin, or Belfast and Liverpool, is 260km – a journey many of our clients have had to make to access abortion care
- A team of 6 would cover the distance from Wroclaw to Berlin (360km)
- A team of 8 would cover the distance from Gdansk to Berlin (480km)
Travel 1000km together
Team size: 6
Fundraising goal: £500
Collectively walk, run or cycle 1,000km this month and your team will cover the distance from Gdansk to Berlin and back.
- Based on a team of 6 walking, running or cycling a collective total of 1,000km in October.
- The distance between Lodz and Amsterdam, or Gdansk to Berlin and back, is 1,000km – a journey some of our clients have to make to access abortion care
Pick your own distance and activity
Whether it’s walking, running, cycling or swimming, you can come up with your own challenges to go the distance for ASN’s clients this October. Every day, people across Europe have to travel to access the abortion care they need – can you go the distance to help them?
Go the distance teams
Here are the amazing teams who are already fundraising for us! Check out their JustGiving pages below to see how they’re getting on with their challenges.
Hate Running, Love Abortions
Claire Scoresby-Barrow is fundraising for ASN
Glasgow Students’ for Choice
Abi, Claire, Sasha, Toni Running for Reproductive Rights
Solene Coirre is fundraising for ASN
Molly Smith is fundraising for ASN
Amy Bartlett is fundraising for ASN
Alison Killilea is fundraising for ASN
Dundalk 4 Change
1000km for ASN: Bryony, Bryn, Lesley and Guy
Wroclaw-Berlin (420km) for ASN: Friends from Kaunas
Antonia ALLUM is fundraising for ASN
CHARMPIT are fundraising for ASN
Set up a Justgiving page
Find us on Strava