Thousands of people across Europe are forced to travel for an abortion. This September, you can support them by fundraising for ASN.
How it works
- Run, walk, cycle or swim 50km (or more!) in September, or join up with friends to take on a bigger group challenge
- Create your fundraising page and try to raise £100 for ASN
- On 28 September (International Safe Abortion Day), join us for a virtual 5k!
Sign up to the 2022 distance challenge
Your challenges will help fund abortions for ASN’s clients. Every year, ASN helps hundreds of people travel for an abortion from Poland, the Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland, Malta, and elsewhere in Europe.
I am in the clinic and recovering from the surgery, I should leave soon and go home to Poland. What you have done for me is indescribable – you have saved my life. I am very grateful to you and thank you very much for help and devotion to me. I hope that all this will give me even more strength to fight against what is happening in Poland so that each of us can have a choice.ASN client, 2022
You can pick any distance you like for your fundraising challenge. Some distances ASN clients have to travel include:
- Gibraltar to Algeciras and back (50km)
- Andorra to Girona (200km)
- Dublin to Liverpool (250km)
- Katowice to Berlin (500km)
- Poznan to Amsterdam (895km)
We want as many people as possible to join us and run, walk or jog a 5k on 28 September, International Safe Abortion Day. If 100 people join in, we’ll collectively cover the distance from Katowice (Poland) to Berlin (Germany), a journey many of our clients make every single year.
You can join this 5k on its own, or it can count towards your September distance challenge. If you’re just doing the #AbortionDay5k challenge, we suggest a £5 donation as ‘entry’ via the fundraising page. Please feel free to share the fundraiser too!
- Sign up to the distance challenge – we will be in touch to support you on your fundraising journey.
- Set up your Justgiving page
- ASN Strava club (you can also link your Strava profile to your Justgiving page)
- Join the #AbortionDay5k event on Strava
- #AbortionDay5k fundraising page
Last year’s challengers
Last year, more than 20 teams of challengers set their own distances and raised an incredible £13,736 for ASN!
Setting up your fundraising page
Once you’ve picked your distance and assembled your team, it’s time to set up a Justgiving page. Our fundraising team can help you with this. Once your page is up, share it with friends and on social media to get donations during your challenge. Remember to share updates about how the challenge is going during the month!