Clients living on the Isle of Man, have had access to legal abortion since 24 May, 2019. We believe currently there is EMA available on island and surgical available off island.
All abortion care is managed by bpas.
Isle of Man abortion services: 01624 642521, email [email protected] or Request a call back here: https://www.bpas.org/contact-us/request-a-call-back/
Abortion Support Network will still help those who need to travel for procedures not covered by the law or costs not covered by the government for those who have financial need..
ASN may be able to offer you:
- Information about the least expensive way to arrange your travel and procedure (if it is not funded under the government scheme)
- Financial assistance
- Information about other organisations who may be able to help, including places that can help you obtain travel documents if needed.
- Advice in English, or other languages via a translation service available on request
Please call, text or email us to get more information, or discuss your circumstances.
On this page:
- What happens when you contact us
- Advice before you call us
- About the help we offer
- Need to cover your tracks?
What happens when you contact us
- An ASN volunteer will speak with you, or call/email you back. Please leave a voicemail with your contact number if we do not answer the phone.
- ASN will assess your needs and provide confidential, non-judgmental information and advice on the least expensive method of abortion and travel.
If you decide to travel for an abortion:
- Please do not book travel until you have spoken with ASN
- If a grant is awarded, ASN pays the clinic directly, reducing the amount you pay
- You arrange your procedure and travel, with assistance from ASN on the least expensive, most convenient way to travel
- If you require an overnight stay, ASN will arrange for you to stay in the home of a volunteer (England and Holland only) or provide information on inexpensive accommodation. Hosts provide a place to stay, meals while you are with them, and in some cases can bring you to and pick you up from the clinic
- If you access an abortion after using our service, one of our team may follow up with you 4-6 weeks later to see how things went.
Advice before you call us
- Please call us before you’ve booked your travel to England, especially if you don’t have enough money to pay for your appointment and flights. We can’t guarantee that we will have enough funds to support everyone who contacts us and it’s important that people arrange the least expensive appointment and travel so we can help the largest number of people.
- If you call us before you book your appointment, we may be able to give information such as which clinics have the lowest fees, and the most cost-effective method of travel from where you are.
- If we agree to provide you with financial help or a place to stay, we will need some information, including your name, how far along you are, and your financial circumstances. Your communication with ASN is non-judgmental and we will not share any of your details other than if we need to arrange funding with a clinic.
- ASN are not healthcare professionals or doctors so we are not able to give medical information or help you make your decision. There are reputable organisations that offer these services on our list of other organisations who may be able to help.
- We will do our best to return all voicemails, texts and emails within two days. However, our helpline is staffed by volunteers and we can’t always answer the phone. If we do not answer, please leave a voicemail with your phone number.
- ASN does not ask gender when communicating with clients; nor does gender identity influence grant eligibility.
About the help we offer
ASN is here to help lessen the financial burden of travelling abroad to get a safe and legal abortion. Funding is available on a case by case basis, depending on your circumstances and availability of funds. We have limited funds but try and help as many women as we can. We expect people to arrange the least expensive method of abortion and travel where possible.
If you need accommodation in England, ASN will do our best to find you one of our volunteer hosts. Hosts provide a place for you to stay in their homes, provide meals and pay local transport costs when you are with them. Our hosts are not able to accommodate children, nor are children allowed at clinics, so you will need to arrange childcare if necessary. We also have a relationship with a group in Holland that provides similar assistance.
If you are staying the night after your procedure, a host will collect you from the clinic, and take you to their home. When staying the night before a procedure, they will arrange to meet you at a convenient location between the airport and their home. All Abortion Support Network volunteers are carefully screened and trained and believe in a woman’s right to have an abortion.
Need to cover your tracks?
If you think someone is monitoring your internet usage, your safest option is to access the internet from a neutral place such as a friend’s house, your work, an internet cafe or local library.
If you don’t want anyone to know that you have visited this (or any) website, you can delete your browser web history or use Private Browsing mode, which does not store any web history. You may also want to delete your search history from Google, or use DuckDuckGo, a search engine that doesn’t track you.
Be aware that the owner or administrator of the computer may still be able to monitor websites you visit.
If you want to email us without leaving a copy in your Sent folder, use the form on our Contact Us page. Please make sure you include your email address and/or phone number so we can get back in touch with you.
If you have an itemised bill the phone number will show, but not the name of our organisation. If you need to hide the fact that you’ve called one of our numbers, then consider using an international calling service or a calling card.