Abortion Support Network is here to help anyone in Romania who wants information on reputable providers of early medical abortion pills, who needs financial help to access an abortion in Romania (up to 14 weeks), or who needs help to travel to obtain an abortion abroad (over 14 weeks). If you are considering ordering pills from the internet, please read this first.
If you need to travel for an abortion, please speak with us before you book appointments or flights. ASN can help you arrange the most cost effective and convenient abortion and travel. This is important not only for you, but also so our resources can stretch to help as many people as possible.
Help Abortion Support Network may be able to offer:
- Clinic recommendations
- Information about the least expensive way to arrange your travel and procedure
- Help finding accommodation
- Advice in multiple languages. Sometimes this will be with a volunteer who speaks the language, sometimes using an online translator, and sometimes using a phone translation services
Please call or email us to get more information, or discuss your circumstances. One of our volunteers will respond to emails or voicemails within 48 hours. We know it might be a little awkward, especially if there are language differences, but we have been helping people travel for abortions for many years and we will hopefully be able to help you.
On this page:
- What happens when you contact us
- Advice before you call us
- About the help we offer
- Need to cover your tracks?
What happens when you contact us
- Usually you will leave a voicemail or an email and one of our volunteers will contact you back. Please include your phone number in your message. It is better to send an email than to leave a voicemail.
- ASN will assess your financial need and provide confidential, non-judgmental information and advice on the least expensive method of abortion and travel.
- If you speak a language other than English, please let us know. We have a number of multi-lingual volunteers, but if we do not have someone available who can speak with you we will use an online or telephone translation service.
Advice before you call us
- Please call us before you’ve booked your travel, especially if you need financial assistance.
- ASN volunteers are not counsellors or doctors, so we are not able to give medical information or help you make your decision.
- We can provide information about reputable providers of early medical abortion pills by post.
- ASN does not ask clients how they got pregnant or why they want abortions. Our only criteria is financial need and how much funding we have available.
About the help we offer
ASN is here to help lessen the financial burden of travelling abroad to get a safe abortion. Funding is available on a case-by-case basis, depending on your circumstances and availability of funds. Our funds are not unlimited but we try and help as many people as we can. We expect people to arrange the least expensive method of abortion and travel where possible. If a grant is awarded, ASN pays the clinic directly, reducing the amount you pay. We can help you book your appointment if you do not speak the language used at the clinic and we can help you find the least expensive, most convenient way to travel.
In addition to financial help, we can provide recommendations on clinics and hospitals, as well as any information you might need, including required travel documents, and Covid regulations. If you have a question about getting from where you are to an abortion clinic, we probably have the answer.
If you need accommodation, ASN will help you arrange affordable accommodation near the clinic or hospital you are travelling to.
Need to cover your tracks?
If you think someone is monitoring your internet usage, your safest option is to access the internet from a neutral place such as a friend’s house, your work, an internet cafe or local library.
If you don’t want anyone to know that you have visited this (or any) website, you can delete your browser web history or use Private Browsing mode, which does not store any web history. You may also want to delete your search history from Google, or use DuckDuckGo, a search engine that doesn’t track you.
Be aware that the owner or administrator of the computer may still be able to monitor websites you visit.
If you want to email us without leaving a copy in your Sent folder, use the form on our Contact Us page. Please make sure to include your email address or telephone number.
If you have an itemised bill the phone number will show, but not the name of our organisation. If you need to hide the fact that you’ve called one of our numbers, then consider using an international calling service or a calling card.