Get Help – I’m in Poland
If you are in Poland and need an abortion, there is a new initiative called Abortion Without Borders that can help you. Abortion Support Network is part of Abortion Without Borders. If you are in Poland, the first group you should contact is Kobiety W Sieci. They will help you determine the best group to help you.
Kobiety W Sieci
Tel: +48 22 29 22 597
Email: [email protected]
If you need to travel for an abortion, and Kobiety w Sieci believes ASN is the best option for you, Abortion Support Network may be able to offer you:
- Information about the least expensive way to arrange your travel and procedure
- Money towards the cost of the abortion and travel
- Information about other organisations who may be able to help
- Information in English, or in Polish if one of our Polish speaking volunteers is available or using our telephone translation service
Please call, email or text us to get more information, or discuss your circumstances. If you are in Poland, please contact Kobiety w Sieci first. Please leave your contact number and one of our volunteers will respond within one to two days.
On this page:
- What happens when you contact us
- Advice before you call us
- About the help we offer
- Need to cover your tracks?
What happens when you contact us
- An ASN volunteer will speak with you, or call/email you back. Please leave a voicemail with your contact number, if we do not answer the phone.
- ASN will assess your needs and provide confidential, non-judgmental information and advice on the least expensive method of abortion and travel, including which country is the best option for you.
If you want our financial help to travel for an abortion:
- Please do not book travel until you have spoken with ASN
- If a grant is awarded, ASN pays the clinic directly, reducing the amount you pay
- ASN can help you arrange your abortion appointment but usually you will need to speak with the clinic directly at some point.
- ASN can help you determine the least expensive, most convenient way to travel
- If you require an overnight stay, ASN will try and arrange for you to stay in a volunteer home (where volunteers are available) or can help you book inexpensive accommodation.
Advice before you call us
- We expect you will have already spoken with Kobiety W Sieci, 0 725 892 134, Email: [email protected], Web: http://www.maszwybor.net
- Please call us before you’ve booked your travel, especially if you don’t have enough money to pay for your appointment and flights. We can’t guarantee that we will have enough funds to support everyone who contacts us and it’s important that people arrange the least expensive appointment and travel so we can help the largest number of people.
- If you call us before you book your appointment, we may be able to give information such as which clinics have the lowest fees, and the most cost-effective method of travel from where you are.
- If we agree to provide you with financial help or a place to stay, we will need some information, including your name, how far along you are, and your financial circumstances. Your communication with ASN is non-judgmental and we will not share any of your details other than if we need to arrange funding with a clinic.
- ASN volunteers are not healthcare professionals or doctors so we are not able to give medical information or help you make your decision. There are reputable organisations that offer these services on our list of other organisations who may be able to help.
- We will do our best to return all voicemails, texts and emails within two days. However, our helpline is staffed by volunteers and we can’t always answer the phone. If we do not answer, please leave a message with your phone number.
- We can provide information about reputable providers of safe early medical abortion pills by post. If you are considering ordering abortion pills online, please read this first.
- ASN does not ask gender when communicating with clients; nor does gender identity influence grant eligibility.
About the help we offer
ASN is here to help lessen the financial burden of travelling abroad to get a safe and legal abortion. Funding is available on a case by case basis, depending on your circumstances and availability of funds. We have limited funds but try and help as many women as we can. We expect people to arrange the least expensive method of abortion and travel where possible.
If you need overnight accommodation, ASN will do our best to find you a place to stay. Sometimes this will be with one of our volunteers, who provide a place for you to stay in their homes, provide meals and pay local transport costs when you are with them. Our hosts are not able to accommodate children, nor are children allowed at clinics, so you will need to arrange childcare if necessary.
If you are staying the night after your procedure, a host will collect you from the clinic at the end of the day, and take you to their home. When staying the night before a procedure, they will arrange to meet you at the airport or an easy to find place between the airport and their home. All Abortion Support Network volunteers are carefully screened and trained and believe in a woman’s right to have an abortion.
If we do not have a volunteer host available we will help you find paid accommodation near the clinic.
Need to cover your tracks?
If you think someone is monitoring your internet usage, your safest option is to access the internet from a neutral place such as a friend’s house, your work, an internet cafe or local library.
If you don’t want anyone to know that you have visited this (or any) website, you can delete your browser web history or use Private Browsing mode, which does not store any web history. You may also want to delete your search history from Google, or use DuckDuckGo, a search engine that doesn’t track you.
Be aware that the owner or administrator of the computer may still be able to monitor websites you visit.
If you want to email us without leaving a copy in your Sent folder, use the form on our Contact Us page. Please make sure to include your email address or telephone number.
If you have an itemised bill the phone number will show, but not the name of our organisation. If you need to hide the fact that you’ve called one of our numbers, then consider using an international calling service or a calling card.